Is your pickleball court in need of a facelift? If yes, then you should consider having your court resurfaced. Pickleball courts are generally painted or tiled surfaces, but they often become worn out over time. This causes players to slip and fall. The good news is our resurfacing services can help repair the damage done by years of use.
Resurfacing a pickleball court can be an easy way to ensure that your game stays fun and safe!
Recent Pickleball Court Projects
Pickleball Court Installation, Goldsboro Event Center NCGet your paddles out! Three dilapidated tennis courts located at the Goldsboro Event Center in Goldsboro, NC have just been converted into four gorgeous Pickleball courts.
Basketball & Pickleball, Town of Carolina Beach NCFishing, swimming, BASKETBALL and PICKLEBALL at Town of Carolina Beach Government, NC!
Tennis & Pickleball Court Resurfacing, Oak Island NCJust completed these gorgeous tennis and pickleball courts located in the Town of Oak Island, NC. Let us help you with your recreational facility. Give us a call today at 919-365-7500!
Pinehurst Tennis & Pickleball CourtJust finished this tennis court with two pickleball courts in Pinehurst.
Steps Taken Before Applying Resurfacer to the Pickleball Courts
Before applying any type of resurfacing material to a pickleball court, there are some steps that need to be taken first. These include:
1) Cleaning the Surface – Remove all debris from the surface before application. This includes dirt, grass clippings, leaves, etc.
2) Preparing the Surfaces – Make sure both sides of the court have been cleaned thoroughly. We recommend cleaning the entire area around the perimeter of the court. This will ensure that no loose gravel or other objects get stuck underneath the resurfacing material.
3) Priming – Apply a thin coat of acrylic primer on the entire court surface. This helps to seal the surface so that the resurfacing material does not stick to itself when applied.
4) Application – Apply the resurfacing material evenly across the court. Once this has been completed, wait approximately 24 hours before playing on the resurfaced court.
Necessary Weather Conditions for Pickleball Court Resurfacing
Before applying any resurfacing material, make sure the weather is warm enough. For example, if Acrylic Resurfacer is to be applied in the spring or summer months, the temperature must be above 60 degrees Fahrenheit and below 140.
How Often to Resurface Your Pickleball Court
Another question people often ask is how often resurfacing is necessary. Although there are a wide variety of factors that determine when to repave a pickleball court, a good rule of thumb is to resurface your court every five years.
If the court is for a professional court or for some important tournament, it is better to resurface the court more frequently. After all, you’re playing on it and spending money on it every week or month. So if you did your maintenance every five years and made a few changes now and then, this could cost you a lot of money when you prepare to resurface your court again in 5 years’ time.
But if it is only for your recreational pickleball court, it is not that important to resurface it every five years. After all, your court isn’t a professional one, so you are only going to use your pickleball court for recreational purposes.
Conditions That May Accelerate Pickleball Court Degradation
Here are some of the conditions that may accelerate pickleball court deterioration.
1. Age – The older the asphalt in your court, the more likely it is to crack and crumble. This means that every time you play on it, you’re putting yourself at risk for injury.
2. Improper slope – The court surface must be level to prevent water from pooling in certain areas, which can lead to the breakdown of acrylic surfaces.
3. Insufficient drainage system – Water has a tendency to accumulate if there are no proper drainage systems in place. If water pools up, the surface becomes more vulnerable to premature degradation.
4. Poor installation – If your pickleball court was improperly installed, it is likely to crack under pressure.
Contacting the right company is important when it comes to resurfacing your pickleball court because you’re entrusting a professional with an important job. You want to make sure that they know exactly how to prepare and apply the material so that your court looks good and lasts for years.
Have You Decided To Move Ahead With Your Pickleball Court Resurfacing?
At North State, we have more than 30 years of experience in asphalt and concrete construction, which gives us the necessary knowledge for resurfacing your pickleball court. So be sure to contact us today at 919-877-6972 if you need pickleball court resurfacing.
High construction standards can minimize or delay cracking, but eventually, every tennis court will need to be resurfaced. When that time arises, be sure to contact your local experts at North State who have been resurfacing tennis courts, basketball courts, pickleball courts, and multi-use courts for over 30 years.
Parker Meadow Complex
Tennis & Pickleball Court Resurfacing, Oak Island NC
Basketball & Pickleball, Town of Carolina Beach NC
Pickleball Court Installation, Goldsboro Event Center NC
Southmont Park, Lexington NC
Pinehurst Tennis & Pickleball Court
Time to Resurface? Call North State Today
Give us a call today at 919-365-7500 or fill out the form below for an estimate. We’re happy to assist you in any way we can. In the meantime, test out your favorite color combos with our interactive tennis court colorizer.