Pickleball has become one of the fastest-growing sports in the United States, so if it’s become your mom’s favorite sport or number one hobby, she’s definitely not alone. We know you want to find the perfect pickleball gift that she’ll love, so we’ve curated some of our favorite items ranging from paddles and bags to clothes and other accessories. Whether you’re shopping during the holiday season or need Mother’s Day gifts, we’ve got what you need for the pickleball player in your life!
Choosing a Pickleball Paddle for Mom
Whether your mom is just starting out and you want to get her a quality pickleball paddle, or you want to get her a better quality one, we know choosing a paddle for someone else can be difficult. Here are a few pointers:
- A small to medium paddle grip, less than 4.25 inches in diameter will most likely fit your mom’s hand more comfortably than a large grip.
- Women tend to choose a lightweight or midweight pickleball paddle as they are easier to swing and offer more control. Look for a paddle weighing 8 ounces or less.
- A paddle with a graphite face has a lighter weight and gives a powerful boost which can elevate your mom’s pickleball playing. They are usually more expensive.
- A paddle with a fiberglass face is more likely going to be heavier, giving a newer player more control. Often this is a more budget-friendly option than a pickleball paddle with a graphite face.
Now that you have a better idea of what kind of paddles to choose from, here are some of our favorite gift ideas for your pickleball mom.
This midweight paddle has a graphite face with a polymer power comb core for greater hitting power. With the Cushion-Aire perforated grip and Shock Stop dampening bumper grip, your mom can play comfortably, and her hands and wrists will hold up for hours of play.
Equipped with a textured graphite face and a Sensa Poly Core center, this is a lightweight paddle with a 4-1/8″ grip for optimal comfort, feedback, and control. If your mom ever starts playing pickleball in tournament play (or if she already is!), this paddle is a great option.
Perfect for players who need a bit more length to reach the ball more easily, the HEAD Extreme Pro L pickleball paddle has a fiberglass face and a polymer honeycomb core while still weighing in under eight ounces. The 4.25″ Ergo Grip has a soft feel for minimal vibration while the textured face “bites” the ball for better control.
Choosing a Pickleball Bag Mom Will Love
Your mom (or any of the pickleball players in your life) will need a versatile bag to carry paddles, balls, a water bottle, and all the other accessories and equipment you need when you’re on the court. Here are a few things to look for when choosing a bag:
- Sling-style bags are the most popular and while they’re smaller than other options, they’re also comfortable and easy to carry.
- A backpack holds everything your mom will need and is ideal if she wants to bike or walk to the court. Most have separate spares for paddles, balls, and extra apparel.
- A duffel bag is the most spacious option. It also doubles as a gym or tennis bag for when you need to carry a change of clothes or more items.
- For something small, simple, and stylish, a simple tote lets your mom carry paddles, balls, and other items simply, plus they usually have a separate compartment for her phone and wallet.
If she doesn’t have a dedicated pickleball bag, any one of the ones listed below will make a great gift.
Style meets substance with this durable, gorgeous pickleball bag that offers multiple pockets and components to fit three pickleball paddles, balls, and everything else moms need to play their best game. The metal feet on the bottom ensure the faux leather material won’t scuff on the court.
With a water repellent exterior, two large front pockets, and a dedicated paddle pocket, as well as interior pockets to carry mom’s wallet, water, sunglasses, and cellphone, she can everything she needs to the pickleball court. It’s also perfect for using as an everyday tote or even a fun, stylish diaper bag.
Nylon padded, adjustable straps ensure this vibrant pink bag is easy to carry while the exterior and interior pockets keep pickleball gear neatly organized so everything is easy to find.
Pickleball Clothes Gift Ideas
When she’s out on the court, a pickleball player needs to be comfortable, have room to move, and keep cool, so choosing the right clothes is essential! We know buying clothes for someone else can be hard, but these picks are guaranteed to be a hit for Mother’s Day, birthdays, or other occasions.
Available in five colors, this quarter-zip long-sleeve shirt is comfortable, lightweight, and even flattering. This is perfect for a cool morning match outdoors.
Ideal for hot days or heavy play, the Adidas Barricade tennis tank top has a slim-fit and built-in bra, while the Climacool fabric is breathable and quick to dry.
If your mom plays pickleball outdoors, make sure she’s avoiding a sunburn with BloqUV Sun Protective gear. This fitted top is attractive, moisture-wicking, and soft, plus it is made with proprietary protection to ensure 98 percent of UVA/UVB rays are blocked.
Make sure Mom is playing pickleball safely and comfortably in the right footwear. Running shoes and cross trainers simply aren’t designed for lateral movements and short stops, so it’s important she’s playing in specific tennis or pickleball shoes.
With a wide-fit construction, high-density foam, and a durable rubber sole, the Rush Pro ACE is comfortable, durable, and safe for the court while also offering great rebound for quicker movements.
The herringbone rubber outsole offers unmatched traction and durability while the extra cushioning at the midsole delivers greater comfort. Plus, the bright tye-dye color scheme offers a fun style.
Fun Gifts For Mom
If your mom has everything she needs for her pickleball game, maybe a great gift is something fun or even luxurious. The sport has become so common, that you can find pickleball gifts that include jewelry, wine glasses, or novelty tee shirts and hats.
Shop for the Perfect Pickleball Gifts for Mom
From paddles and balls to apparel, we have gift ideas for the pickleball mothers in your life. Shop our selection today, or reach out to a member of our customer service team to learn more about our products.